Thursday, January 27, 2011

More Muffins

I'll start this post by explaining, no I'm not muffin obsessed or anything.  There is a little background to why I felt compelled to make two kinds of muffins in one day.  My 8 year old is having a friend spend the night tonight and I have to work very early tomorrow morning.  While my husband is completely capable of handing out bowls of cereal, or toast, I always like to give the kids something a little special for sleepovers.  So, I came up with the idea of making some muffins, because, when you can't have pancakes or waffles,  who doesn't like a fresh blueberry muffin for breakfast?  I have made these before for a brunch we had a while back in Mississippi, and they were really popular.  These muffins are very light and cakey.  I think they would be great with some fruit and hot coffee.
Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins
  • 12 Tbsp (6oz) butter at room temp
  • 1 1/2 Cups (338 g) sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 1/4 Cup (2oz) milk
  • 2 1/4 Cups (567 g) self rising flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 Cups (454 g) fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 180.  With a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Beat in eggs, one at a time.  Mix in  the vanilla, sour cream and milk.  In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.   Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet until fully incorporated.  Stir in your blueberries gently.  

Put muffin papers in your muffin tin.  Using and ice cream scoop or measuring cup, fill each muffin paper just to the top with batter.  Bake for 30  minutes.  Cool on a cooling rack.  



I just throw these into a tupperware container and they will keep for about 3-4 days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment